My name is Yue Sun (孙悦). I am a fourth-year Ph.D. candidate in Applied Mathematics at Harvard University, advised by Professor Chris Rycroft. I received my Master of Engineering degree in Computational Science and Engineering from Harvard IACS in 2020, and defended my master’s thesis in fluid–structure interaction. I got my Bachelor of Science degree from New York University Shanghai in 2018, with one major in Mathematics and two minors in Interactive Media Arts and Urban Design & Architecture Studies.
In summer 2022, I did an internship at DisneyResearch|Studios in Zürich, Switzerland as a research intern. I also interned at Activision / Raven Software in summer 2019 and summer 2020. During both internships, I worked on engine physics code improvement and animation tools development as a technical animation intern. I received two game credits: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (2020).
This is my CV (recent as of September 2022).
More about Me:
1. I love movies, especially animations and original soundtracks.
2. I also love musicals.
3. When not busy debugging C++ code, I like cooking, baking, hiking, and playing (Switch) games.
4. I co-founded a social media account, Flame Dialogues. It aims to introduce interesting people and share their stories in different universities. As of July 2019, 8 universities in 3 cities have joined, with 27,000+ subscribers.
5. I was admitted as a History major to Fudan University, but I chose to study at NYU Shanghai and later decided to major in Mathematics (which inadvertently led me to where I am and what I study now).
6. I play the Erhu, a Chinese two-stringed bowed instrument.
7. This is my cookbook (recent as of October 2019).